How do you Choose a New E-Liquid?
Whether you are a pro vaper or a beginner, choosing a new vape juice is always a gamble. This guide should help you make the right choice in future.
Nobody can guarantee that you will like the vape juice you choose, but we can give you useful instructions on how to give yourself the best chance at finding a good vape juice for you. Even if we get the nicotine strength and the VG:PG ratio correct, you still might not love the flavour. So here’s the first rule to finding a vape liquid for your new refillable vape kit device – you should prepare yourself to shop around.
What are the Different Strengths of E-Liquid?
To begin with, let’s put all your options on one table.
Every vape liquid contains Vegetable Glycerine or Propylene Glycol. The basic ratio for mixing vape liquids is 50 of one to 50 of the other. If you want a vape juice that hits your throat and gives you the same feeling as smoking, you require a vape juice with a higher PG ratio, and the opposite if you want big clouds of vapour with little to no throat hit.
Which ratio is best for my device?
Look at the coil, which goes inside your tank. The coil will tell you if the resistance is less than a single ohm. The lower the current, the higher the VG ratio you need. If you feel this is above your skill level for now, stick with a 50:50 for your first e-liquids, then play around as you go.
If you begin vaping as an ex-smoker trying to quit, you should match the nicotine level to this loose guide on how many you smoked per day:
- If you smoked 10 a day or less, try 3-10mg strength.
- If you smoked 10-20 cigarettes a day, up your nicotine content to 10-18mg.
- Use a 20mg vape juice if you smoke more than a 20 pack per day.
Types of E-liquid
Asides from the ratio and flavour, refillable vape juice comes in different kinds.
50-150ml shortfill bottles
These bottles contain flavouring, not nicotine. You buy the bottle of shortfill liquid and you add nicotine shots to add nicotine to your desired strength. These are ideal for people who want to vape without using nicotine.
Nicotine shots team with the shortfill bottles. UK regulations limit the sale of nicotine containing e-liquids to 10mls. If you buy both the shot and the 50ml, 100ml, or 150ml shortfill solutions, you can create enough juice to store for a rainy day.
Beginner Vape Juice
Beginner e-liquids are standard pre-mixed vape juices that you don’t have to adjust. You simply open the cap, open your tank, and drizzle it in.
Choosing Vape Juice As a Smoking Vs Non-Smoking Vape User
The type of vape juice better suited to you will depend on if you are a new vape user or an ex-smoker making the switch to e-cigs.
Tips on Vape Juice for Ex-Smokers
Trying to quit smoking using a vape device?
- Opt for a 60:40 PG:VG ratio and increase the PG percentage until it hits your throat the right way.
- Try a pod kit first, they hit the throat harder (to simulate smoking).
- Choose your nicotine level based on the earlier guide.
- Stick to tobacco flavour until you wean yourself onto vape use.
Tips on Vape Juice for New Vape Users
Want to vape as a hobby?
- Opt for a 50:50 vape juice.
- If you want to create better clouds of vapour, select a coil below 1 ohm and a vape juice high in VG.
- Stay nicotine free. Nicotine dependence is a series problem that’s hard to quit. You can enjoy vaping without it by simply using a short fill vape juice.
- Enjoy any of your favourite flavours from day one.
What’s your Favourite Flavour Profile?
Lastly, narrow down what you like by choosing your favourite flavours. The range includes dessert flavours, berry, citrus, sweets, menthol, tropical, and savoury flavours. If you can think of it, there is an e-liquid flavour for it. Browse our full range of e-liquids for inspiration and remember to contact vapedirect.com for other how to guides to vaping.